The Inland Craft DB-100 band saw is the perfect workbench tool for cutting free-form cabochons, different shapes, organic curves, inside curves, stained glass pieces, mosaics and more.
It’s also a great tool for coral fragging.
This DB-100 includes a diamond band saw blade that is designed to cut material such as glass, stone, tile, ceramic, plastics, shells and live coral. Cutting curves, which is the most difficult task for any lapidary saw machine to do, is now within easy reach with the DB-100 band saw.
Band saw machines are optimized for cutting shapes and curves, so there is a large amount of "travel" in the band saw blade, which is necessary for cutting these shapes and curves. It is NOT designed to be used for cutting thick slabs of rough rock or glass.
If you are looking to cut thick slabs of rocks and glass, we suggest a fixed-blade saw machine.
- Machine dimensions: 13" L X 10" W X 18" H
- Machine weight: 10 lbs
- Saw housing construction: Structural-grade thermoplastic
- Motor type: Permanent magnet DC motor with built-in speed controller, delivering speeds up to 3,400 rpm
- Voltage: 115V or 230V/240V
- Torque: 48 oz.-in
- Work surface dimensions: 9" X 10.75"
- Blade throat depth: 4.75" (12 cm)
- Maximum cutting material thickness: 3" (7.6 cm) for rocks and minerals, 1" (2.5 cm) for solid glass slabs, 3" (8.9 cm) diameter for glass bottles
- Cutting speed: Dependent on material type and thickness, up to 12 inches/minute (30.5 cm/minute)